The response towards The Burning Crusade was near-unanimous applause. As your first expansion to WoW What did that affect your feelings at the time WOW WOTLK Classic Gold ? And what impact did such strong reviews have on your development processes and goals in the future?

Brian Birmingham: Oh my gosh. I remember it as an amazing experience. I was just a new employee back then however, I do remember that I went to that midnight sign-in. We would have these midnight signings where we would visit and sign people's Collectors Editions and regular boxes while they wait until midnight to purchase the books. It was so thrilling to experience the excitement, and hear the stories from the developers who created the original long lines that were circling the building. So, we were able to hold them at several sites and it was great to see our fans come out and celebrate with us.

It can give you the confidence to push you to return to try greater than you've been to make everything as good as you can. One of the things I enjoy about BlizzCon now is when we are able to connect with our fans and feel their enthusiasm that's really what fuels us. This is why I am eager to see if we can attend BlizzCon in person for the first time.

John Hight: I was playing at the time and , for me, among my peers it was a feeling of validation since I've been playing for a long time and I literally remember somebody telling me, "Yeah, have you seen this games Burning Crusade buy WOTLK Gold ?" It was me thinking, "Yeah, that's WoW this is the game I'm currently playing." "Oh I'm sorry, but that game looks like it's off the rails." It's like "Well you ought to come and join me in my game."